Rex, Ashton, and Haley 2011

Rex, Ashton, and Haley 2011

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ever notice how rare true friends are?  I mean the kind of person you completely trust.  They would never think less of you for exposing your weaknesses.  They would love you unconditionally and give of their time and energy without thought to the cost.  I have been more than blessed to have met a few people throughout my life that fit this description.  Sometimes though I wonder if I should allow the Lord to be enough for me and not burden others with my everyday frustrations or ongoing challenges.  I was reading Exodus 17:11-12 and Numbers 18:1-7 about the intricate support system that God set up for the leadership of the Israelites.  It ultimately proved to lead them to victory.  God meant for us to experience spiritual victory as well.  He delights in it.  When we refuse to allow anyone to share in our personal battles we risk negative consequences. One being that we often lengthen the battle and we cheat others from sharing in our victorious joy!  I recall the overflow of joy that has spilled on to me by those in my support system.  We have laughed, cried, prayed, and worked hard together.  They have taught me the meaning of sound advice.  I hope I have been there for them as they have been there for me.  We are a gift to one another.  See also Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, I Corinthians 12:7, and Hebrews 10:24

2 comments:

  1. We are meant for true, deep relationships with our Father and with one another. There is nothing more difficult or more beautiful than a true friendship. "A friend loves at all times..." Provebs 17:17. I enjoyed the post. :)

    ReplyDelete